I don’t know if anyone has already posted this, but I think it would be useful to have a list of existing Kido for the purposes of both reference in battle and for when creating new spells. If anyone has created a new spell that has been approved by the moderators, then post it (name, details and approximate level), and I will add it to the table. Note that numbers may change under two conditions:
1) A Kido spell of that number already exists, or appears in the manga or anime;
2) A moderator judges it to be more or less powerful than an existing or newly created Kido, and adjusts the number accordingly.
Kido are numbered in terms of difficulty, skill required and general classification. The overall strength of each Kido is greatly dependant on two factors: Whether or not the relevant incantation takes place prior to the spell being cast, and the strength of the caster. So a low-level spell cast by a Captain-class Soul Reaper (e.g. Byakuya Kuchiki casting Byakurai) may be devastating, but the spell is still listed as a low number because of its simplicity to cast, and its accessibility to most Soul Reapers.
#1-9: The most basic offensive spells, and the quickest and easiest to cast. They are the first spells taught to trainee Soul Reapers at the Academy, as a miscast will do little or no harm to the user. They normally do little damage, but their effectiveness, like all Kido, is dependent on the user.
#10-24: These spells are higher in power than Hado 1-9, but normally require a medium of some kind to channel their power. Most are trap spells, but some can be channelled through weapons or other objects.
#25-44: These are mid-level offensive spells, fairly difficult to cast for low-level Soul Reapers, but graduates of the Academy should be proficient. Users of these Kido must be cautious, as a miscast can lead to injury.
#45-54: Tactical offensive spells. These are the same general strength category as 25-44, but have a secondary effect.
#55-74: Advanced level spells, normally only useable by Soul Reapers of Vice-Captain class or above, but accessible to those especially skilled at Kido and given special training.
#75-89: Highly advanced spells with long and difficult incantations and a risk of serious injury if miscast. These dangerous techniques are only useable by Captain-class Soul Reapers or trained members of the Kido Corps. NB: These spells are the last that can be blocked by Bakudo 81: Danku (Splitting Void).
#90-94: The strongest offensive spells legally in use by the Gotei 13. Difficult even for Captain-class Soul Reapers, if these are miscast the user can suffer lethal consequences, not only for himself but for anyone else in the immediate area. Those of Vice-captain rank or lower are forbidden to use these spells.
#95-99: The five most potent spells ever created, capable of laying waste to vast areas, but often at a terrible price. Due to their sheer destructive power, the difficulty of the incantations required, and the dire consequences of misuse or miscast, these spells are forbidden by the Seretei. Anyone caught even attempting to use one will face severe punishment (assuming he or she survives using the spell!). The only individual in the entire Soul Society permitted to use these spells is the current Captain-Commander, and only then in the most desperate and exceptional circumstances.
Known Hado spells (from anime, manga, movies and games). If anyone knows any spells or incantations I’ve missed, let me know!
NB: Spells labelled #? have been used in the anime but the number is unknown, I just used my best guess. Spells labelled (#) are original creations.
1. Sho (Thrust) – pushes the target away from the caster (incantation unknown)
4. Byakurai (Pale Lightning) - The user fires a concentrated, powerful lightning bolt from their finger (incantation unknown)
9. Shimoku (Purple Tree) The user creates a poisonous smoke that affects the opponent's nervous system (incantation unknown)
10. Hekikimi (Piercing Flesh) - The user conjures a spear made of dense spiritual energy and hurls it at the target (Incantation: Bones of sleeping Hollows burn to ash, claws of the beast tear the soul, impale my enemies with the spear of justice)
11. Tsuzuri Raiden (Bound Lightning) – Channels an electric current through a suitably conductive object, shocking anyone in contact with it (incantation unknown)
12. Fushibi (Ambush Flare) – Creates an invisible web that detonates into flames at the user’s command (Incantation unknown)
(24) Sabakuho (Desert Cannon) - Launches a cloud of sand at the enemy, blinding them and temporarily disabling their Flash Step (or equivalent). The cloud can be moved by the user (Incantation: Ye mother! Run around, chase your own destiny! Spin the wheel of life and fail)
27. Benisakura (Crimson Blossom) - The user's palms glow red, when they press their palms upon the ground red energy erupts from underneath the target (Incantation: Whip the night in blood the dark one calls, the son of man buried in the chambers of Hell, may your flesh be the feast for the demons)
29. Tsuchikamu / Mizukiba (Earth Bite / Water Fang) - The user slams their fist into the ground causing several spikes to come from underneath the ground. If used while on water then a plume of water erupts instead (Incantation: Curse those who walk above the surface, our rage shall be our sword and our hate shall be our spear. Slash their eyes and smash their legs, let them know our dark, eternal pain)
31. Shakkaho (Shot of Red Fire) - Fires an explosive ball of red energy at the target. Has a good range but is inaccurate (Incantation: Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south)
32. Okasen (Yellow Fire Flash) – Launches a wide arc of yellow energy at the target (incantation unknown)
33. Sokatsui (Blue Fire, Crash Down) – Fires a short range but powerful blast of blue energy at the target (Incantation: Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws)
(34). Hanabirahou (Petal Cannon) - Fires a pink energy beam surrounded by what appear to be petals (Incantation: Blooming in my hand, tiny flower spire. Blooming on my foot, wilted flower rotting, play out silently to the end)
36. Inryokuseisen (Gravity Well) - Fires a ball of yellow spiritual energy, which drags the target down to the ground at extremely high speed (Incantation unknown)
(39). Shougekihou (Shock Cannon) - Fires a wide electric pulse at the enemy. May cause paralysis (Incantation: Silent clang of the portcullis, purgatory devouring the meek animal. Humanity, forsaken. Death, granted. Ye Hound of the Pure Hearted! Bark at Hades' door)
54. Haien (Abolishing Flames) – Flings a small but concentrated wave of purple fire that completely incinerates whatever it touches (Incantation unknown)
58. Tenran (Orchid Sky) – Fires a vortex of wind at the enemy, thrusting them away (Incantation unknown)
60. Rokuamatsuheika (Six Imperial Swords) - Six swords made of light energy appear in the sky and crash down on the opponent (Incantation: Crown of the King, shatter the bones of the beast, let your six hands place judgement on the wicked as they bow in your honour)
61? Kongobaku (Adamantine Blast) – Launches a huge fireball at the target (Incantation unknown)
63. Raikoho (Thunder Roar Cannon) - Fires a massive wave of yellow energy at a target (Incantation: "Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring; move and become the wind, stop and become the calm. The sound of warring spears fills the empty castle)
71? Gaki Rekko (Raging Light Fang) – Summons a circle of green energy, then fires bars of light from its centre in a cage-like pattern, bombarding the enemy (Incantation unknown)
73. Soren Sokatsui (Twin Lotus Blue Fire, Crash Down) – Combines two Sokatsui blasts for double the power (Incantation: "Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens)
74. Garandonojunan (Void of Agony) - The user slams their palms on the ground causing a portal to open. A demonic white hand rises from the portal and strangles the target as spiritual energy is drained from them (Incantation: Those who mock his power shall suffer! Dance in the forest while the wolves consume your flesh, mother cries as your skin is boiled and the god of the underworld laughs as you scream)
88. Hiryugekizokushintenraiho (Flying Dragon-Striking Heaven-Shaking Thunder Cannon) – Fires a gigantic blast of electricity at the enemy, resulting in an enormous explosion (Incantation unknown)
89? Hyoga Seiran (Glacier Vapour Storm) – Fires a massive wave of ice that freezes everything in its path. It is strong enough to break through Danku (Splitting Void), if applied for long enough (Incantation unknown)
90. Kurohitsugi (Black Coffin) – Surrounds the target in an immensely powerful cube of black gravitic energy then pierces it with dark spears, lacerating the target from head to toe (Incantation: Seeping crest of turbidity. Arrogant vessel of lunacy! Boil forth and deny! Grow numb and flicker! Disrupt sleep! Crawling queen of iron! Eternally self-destructing doll of mud! Unite! Repulse! Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness)
91. Senjo Koten Taiho (Thousand-Handed Bright Heaven Slaying Cannon) – The caster generates ten spears of pink energy that fly into the enemy and explode on contact in one huge blast (Incantation: Limit of the thousands hands, respectful hands, unable to touch the darkness. Shooting hands unable to reflect the blue sky. The road that basks in light, the wind that ignited the embers, time that gathers when both are together, there is no need to be hesitant, obey my orders. Light bullets, eight bodies, nine items, book of heaven, diseased treasure, great wheel, grey fortress tower. Aim far away, scatter brightly and cleanly when fired)
96. Itto Kaso (Single Blade Cremation) – Manifests a skyscraper sized, up-thrusting blade of incredible flame. The cost of using this spell is sacrificing one’s own flesh (Incantation unknown)
I’m working on a list of Bakudo. So…useful?